Landsborough Museum

Landsborough Museum - Temporary closure - 12, 17 & 18 April

Tours

Take a virtual tour through Bankfoot House, the only remaining Cobb & Co coach stop between Brisbane and Gympie

Come along on a virtual tour and contemplate what life was like for people on the Sunshine Coast 150 years ago.

Bankfoot House, managed by Sunshine Coast Council, is a state heritage listed property and the oldest surviving residence in the Glass House Mountains.

William and Mary Grigor established the house in 1868. Cobb & Co coaches, travelling between Brisbane and the Gympie goldfields, used the property as a lunch stop and staging post and the house was named after Mary’s village in Scotland.

The property remained with the same family across three generations. The Grigor, Burgess and Ferris families occupied the house for over 130 years. The last resident of Bankfoot House, Jack Ferris, died in 2002 at the age of 101.

The Caloundra City Council (as it was then known) purchased the house and contents from the Ferris family in 2004 with a commitment to establishing the property as a House Museum.

Let Cultural Heritage know what you think about the online films and exhibitions.

Introduction

[49 seconds]

Bankfoot House Kitchen

[1 minute 21 seconds]

Cobb & Co stories

[1 minute 17 seconds]

Business and Bills

[3 minute 9 seconds]

Bankfoot House Parlour

[1 minute 20 seconds]

Bankfoot House Laundry

[56 seconds]

Bankfoot House Dairy

[58 seconds]

Bankfoot House Shed

[1 minute 3 seconds]

Bankfoot House Grounds

[1 minute 52 seconds]

Bankfoot House Bullock Display

[1 minute 37 seconds]

Bankfoot House Archaeology Display

[1 minute 3 seconds]

Bankfoot House Dining Room

[55 seconds]

Feedback form.