Council staff and volunteer groups work together to research, document, interpret and share the histories of local heritage properties and places.
Heritage volunteers may:
- organise and host public open days and special events
- conduct tours and educate visitors about the site’s history
- assist with off-site displays and events
- assess and document objects
- care for collections
- conduct research
- data entry and cataloguing.
To volunteer contact your local Museum or Heritage Group.
Volunteers receive membership to the Sunshine Coast Cultural Heritage Network and receive specialist training in museum practice funded by the Heritage Levy’s – Heritage Network Development program.