The Heritage Library provides answers about Sunshine Coast people, places, house histories, school talks, tours and more.
- Picture Sunshine Coast – a collection of over 26,000 historical photographs.
- Resources across the Sunshine Coast including books, maps, brochures and newspaper clippings.
- Nambour Chronicle – the main newspaper for the Sunshine Coast from 1903-1983.
- Oral Histories – truly engaging stories of life in the past.
- History by locality – local histories, place names and historical bibliography.
- Heritage Library also presents film nights and exhibitions at library branches.
- Collection care – advice and information about preserving, repairing and storing valuable family photographs, books and other material.
Specialist research assistance is available at the Heritage Library located on the first floor of Nambour Library.
The main Heritage collection is at Nambour library. Smaller collections, relevant to specific areas, can be accessed at Beerwah, Caloundra, Coolum, Kawana, Kenilworth, Maleny and Maroochydore libraries.
Talks and tours
Would you like Heritage Library to do a free talk at your school or organisation about the history of the local area? Topics include:
- Sunshine Coast Then and Now 1800s – today
- local pioneers
- military history of the region.
The Heritage Library welcomes offers of material that:
- contributes to the Sunshine Coast’s history and
- helps to fill gaps in our collections.
- records of Sunshine Coast businesses, community organisations, churches and other groups
- letters, diaries, photos or other documents belonging to individuals or families living in the area
- unpublished or published creative writing by locals or set on the Sunshine Coast (view the procedure on donating physical books)
- local photographs, prints or original works of art that document the Sunshine Coast’s history.
The Heritage library reserves the right to accept or reject any donation if it does not meet collection needs. Items may be turned down due to limited space, condition or appropriateness.
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: (07) 5475 8989 and ask for the Heritage Library.
Level 1, Nambour Library,
Cnr Currie and Bury Streets,
(disability access to Level 1 in Currie Street)