The Heritage Library provides answers about Sunshine Coast people, places, house histories, school talks, tours and more. Specialist research assistance is available at the Heritage Library located on the first floor of Nambour Library.
The main Heritage collection is at Nambour library. Smaller collections, relevant to specific areas, can be accessed at Beerwah, Caloundra, Coolum, Kawana, Kenilworth, Maleny and Maroochydore libraries.
What the Heritage Library can help you with:
- Picture Sunshine Coast – a collection of over 10,000 historical photographs.
- Resources across the Sunshine Coast including books, maps, brochures and newspaper clippings.
- Nambour Chronicle – the main newspaper for the Sunshine Coast from 1903-1983.
- Oral Histories – truly engaging stories of life in the past.
- History by locality – local histories, place names and historical bibliography.
- Heritage Library also presents film nights and exhibitions at library branches.
- Collection Care – advice and information about preserving, repairing and storing valuable family photographs, books and other material.
Talks and Tours
Would you like Heritage Library to do a free talk at your school or organisation about the history of the local area? Topics include:
- Sunshine Coast Then and Now 1800s – today
- local pioneers
- military history of the region.
Contact the Heritage Library
Email: Heritage Library Coordinator
Telephone: (07) 5475 8989 and ask for the Heritage Library.