Outcomes of activities undertaken through the Cultural Heritage Levy are reported to council on an annual basis.
Key achievements for 2020-2021 include:
- Sunshine Coast Heritage Plan 2021-2031 endorsed by Council
- First Nations Virtual Reality - Winner of Museums and Galleries National Award (MAGNA) for Interpretation, Learning & Audience Engagement (Level 2)
- $45,000+ for ongoing digitisation of significant regional collections and improved access to content through online platforms
- $76,000+ from the Built Heritage Conservation Fund supported projects in Landsborough, Caloundra, Maleny, Witta, Conondale and Yandina
- Updated Conservation Management Plans for Bankfoot House
- $183,000+ in grants for community heritage organisations and projects
- $60,000+ for heritage sector/audience educational seminars, business and skills development programs and activities
- $90,000+ for interpretive projects including digital stories, exhibitions, and trails
- Refreshed Discovery Guide and new collateral including the Cultural Heritage Tourism Video.
View the Heritage Levy Annual Report 2020-2021 for more detail.
Watch the Sunshine Coast Cultural Heritage Discovery video.