1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Submission of an entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is open to all. Entrants under 18 years of age must have the consent of their parent or guardian to enter. Sunshine Coast Regional Council (“The Promoter”) employees are ineligible to enter.
3. Images should be of the Sunshine Coast Council local government area. By uploading images or submitting images via this competition, you agree to these images being used by the Promoter in future marketing and advertising materials and added to council heritage image library database Picture Sunshine Coast
4. Two entries per person can be submitted.
5. Competition opens on 20/07/20 and closes on 17/08/20 at 5pm (The “Competition Period”).
6. Winners of the competition will be judged by a panel.
7. Competition winners will be announced via Sunshine Coast Regional Council’s social media sites and will receive a canvas print of their image and their image will be included in the 2021 Heritage Calendar.
8. By entering the competition, entrants give their consent for the Promoter to use this information, in any media for future competition, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the entrant, including sending the entrant electronic messages.
9. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Competition which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Competition and/or the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if it becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner's entry is of a type described in this clause.
11. The Promoter recommends the photographer obtain appropriate permission from individuals included in the images. The Promoter takes no responsibility for images of individuals that were uploaded without their consent.
12. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
13. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
14. All entries submitted become the property of the Promoter. Entries will not be returned to any entrant. As a condition of entering into this competition, each entrant agrees to assign all of their rights, title and interest (including copyright) in and to their entry to the Promoter. Each entrant warrants to the Promoter that each entry submitted is an original artistic work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party. The entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter against all costs and claims by third parties arising from a breach of this warranty. Entrants consent to any use of their entry which may otherwise infringe their moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
15. If this competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the competition, as appropriate.
16. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury or death, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; (f) the acceptance or use of a prize; (g) any act or omission of the Promoter or its associated agencies.
17. The Promoter is Sunshine Coast Regional Council.