The Burgess family was the second generation to reside in Bankfoot House. William Burgess married Clementina Grigor in 1902 and moved into the property. From 1902 till his death in 1946, he kept a remarkable record of daily life at Bankfoot House. Along with his working diaries, William kept four bill spikes. These contain over 1900 documents covering all aspects of his life - invoices, receipts, letters, councillor correspondence and timber records to name but a few.