This model of Bankfoot House shows what the property looked like around 1890, and was made by Peter Sands of Purple Cow Architectural Imagery in 2018. In 2019 the model was ‘aged’ by Timmy’s Miniature & Weathering Works. Details from photos from the collection and other family records were researched to ensure its accuracy.
Bankfoot House was built in 1868 as a guesthouse to provide a lunch stop and staging post for Cobb & Co coaches travelling to the Gympie Goldfields. In 1878 a second building for the growing family was established, connected by a covered walkway to the original guesthouse.