- Thursday 26 July 2018
The region’s cultural heritage is in good hands following the appointment of the Sunshine Coast Cultural Heritage Reference Group for 2018-2020.
Council today (July 19) endorsed the nine-member community reference group that provides advice to council on the delivery of the Heritage Levy program in addition to preserving and promoting cultural heritage in the Sunshine Coast region.
Heritage Portfolio Councillor Rick Baberowski welcomed returning and new members to the group.
“The heritage reference group works with council to monitor and potentially review strategic priorities for Heritage Levy expenditure in line with the Sunshine Coast Heritage Plan 2015–2020,” Cr Baberowski said.
“The group also contribute to a shared vision for cultural heritage that is inclusive, relevant and innovative.
“I look forward to working with the new group to continue advocating the value and raising the profile of our region’s intriguing cultural heritage.”
Group members include:
- Heritage Portfolio Councillor Rick Baberowski
- Kabi Kabi First Nation representative Helena Gulash
- Jinibara Traditional People representative Jason Murphy
- Heritage architect Adrian Just
- Heritage architect and Caloundra Lighthouses Roger Todd
- Historian, Frances Windolf
- Heritage practitioner Kate Greenwood (new member)
- Heritage practitioner Esma Armstrong (new member)
- Yandina and District Historical Society’s Deborah Collier (new member)
Members were selected following an expression of interest process conducted earlier this year.
The reference group meets on a quarterly basis.
The group was originally established by council in April 2010.
For more information visit heritage.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au