- Thursday 24 June 2021
Investing $3.6 million towards a new pedestrian and cyclist bridge on Stringybark Road, Buderim, completing the tramway trail and undertaking significant upgrades to stormwater management infrastructure are among the Sunshine Coast Council 2021/22 Budget highlights for Division 7.
Divisional councillor Ted Hungerford said council’s $816 million budget included a diverse and valuable mix of projects to create a safer, secure future across the region.
“Starting the new pedestrian and cyclist bridge on the western side of the existing road bridge on Stringybark Road, Buderim, which crosses over the Sunshine Coast Motorway will make a huge difference to the lives of local residents,” Cr Hungerford said.
“This important piece of infrastructure will provide safer connectivity between Buderim and Sippy Downs and enable residents to adopt more sustainable and active transport.
“Council will also invest more than $2.4 million in new and upgraded stormwater quality management infrastructure across Division 7.
“Planning and design to upgrade the intersection of Sugar Road and Wises Road will start, Maroochydore as well as construction upgrades to the existing roundabout intersection at Stringybark Road and Gleneagle Court at Buderim to reduce traffic congestion and improve safety.
“I’m also very pleased to announce more than $709,000 has been allocated to construct a pedestrian pathway from MacKenzie Green, up the hill crossing Crosby Hill Road, Scenic Avenue, William Street at Buderim and joining into the existing pathway.”
Council handed down its $816 million budget on June 24.
Visit www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au/budget for more information on Sunshine Coast Council’s 2021/22 Budget.
Capital works highlights for Division 7:
- $3.6 million to construct a new pedestrian and cyclist bridge on Stringybark Road, Buderim
- $2.4 million for new and upgraded stormwater management infrastructure at Buderim
- $709,000 to construct pedestrian pathway at Crosby Hill Road, Buderim
- $674,00 for intersection upgrade at Stringybark Road and Gleneagle Court, Buderim
- $560,000 for intersection upgrade at Sugar Road and Wises Road, Buderim
- $340,000 for completion of the Buderim-Palmwoods tramway trail, Mons
- $190,000 for kerb and channel renewal at Page Street, Kunda Park
- $100,000 for Cod Hole Park playground renewal at Bradman Avenue, Maroochydore
- $100,000 towards design to upgrade Dixon Road and Power Road, Buderim intersection to align with new Goshawk Boulevard extension, Buderim
- $110,000 for design works for link from Power Road to Stringybark Road, Buderim
- $100,000 for Stage 1 design of upgrades to Power Road and Dixon Road, Buderim intersection
- $80,000 for Forestwood Drive Stormwater Management study, Buderim
- $55,000 for Stage 2 Picnic area landscaping works at EJ Foote Memorial Sanctuary, Buderim
- $40,000 to install a new barbecue shelter at Cod Hole Park, Maroochydore
- $35,000 for Stage 2 drainage works at various locations in Division 7
- $34,000 to replace 102m pathway on North Buderim Boulevard, Buderim
- $31,000 for riparian improvements to upper Cornmeal Creek, Maroochydore
- $30,000 for resealing works on Merrimist Way walking trail, Kiels Mountain
- $30,000 for Main Street Pool Park irrigation works, Buderim
- $30,000 for Paluma Terrace Park playground renewal, Buderim
- $20,000 for delineation upgrades to 543 Diddillibah Rd, Diddilibah
- $15,000 for safety and sight line improvements at 231 Ballinger Road, Buderim
- $8500 for rehabilitation works at Stelarni Place old dam, Buderim
- $5000 for Deloraine Drive Park, Buderim seat renewal